Sazani's Steak and Pasta House

Sazani's Steak & Pasta House


Sazani's Steak and Pasta House in Galena RoadWelcome to Sazani's Steak and Pasta House, located on Galena Road in Peoria, IL. We are open for lunch and dinner seven days a week with a special Sunday Brunch from 11a.m. to 2 p.m. every Sunday. Enjoy our full bar and wine list.

Plan your holiday parties with Sazani's!


Grand Opening

Mr. Tony Asani and Mr. Sonny Asani, brothers and co-owners of Sazani's Steak & Pasta House, conducted a ribbon cutting to celebrate the grand opening of their new restaurant located at 7327 N. Galena Road in Peoria.

Mr. Tony Asani and Mr. Sonny Asani, brothers and co-owners of Sazani's Steak & Pasta House, conducted a ribbon cutting to celebrate the grand opening of their new restaurant located at 7327 N. Galena Road in Peoria. Mr. Tony Asani and Mr. Sonny Asani, brothers and co-owners of Sazani's Steak & Pasta House, conducted a ribbon cutting to celebrate the grand opening of their new restaurant located at 7327 N. Galena Road in Peoria.

Sazani's Steak and Pasta House
7327 N. Galena Rd.
Peoria, IL 61615

Phone: 309.691.3416
Fax: 309.691.3462


A little about the name "Sazani's"

A small island in Vlore County in Albania, Sazani is located between the Strait of Otranto and the entrance to the Bay of Vlore. In clear weather it may be seen from the coast of Salento, Italy. More than half of the island's surrounding marine area form part of the Karaburun-Sazan National Marine Park.

The island was known as Sason by the ancient Greeks. Part of the Roman and Byzantine Empires, it was captured by the Anjou of Naples in 1279, and was held by Albanian lords in the 1300s, often under the protection of Venice. The Ottoman Turks captured it around 1400, ending up in the hands of the Venetians by 1696.

In 1864 the island was ceded to Greece with the rest of the Ionian Islands, but not occupied, coming under de facto Ottoman control. It was not until the First Balkan War in 1912 that Greece landed soldiers on the island and formally claimed it. After the end of the Second Balkan War in 1913, Italy and Austria-Hungary pressed Greece to evacuate the southern part of modern Albania. Finding the island too unimportant to risk war with Italy, Greece evacuated it.

The island was united to the Italian Governatorate of Dalmatia in 1941 during WWII and ceded to Albania on 10 February 1947, under the post-war peace treaty with Italy.

The island is uninhabited with the exception of a small Italo-Albanian naval base. In 2010, the island's surrounding sea waters were proclaimed a National Marine Park by the Albanian government.